Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ups and Downs

     Have you ever had the feeling of depression? Is it normal for teenagers? Lately, I'm having some major switch of moods. Sometimes I'm happy then after some time, I'm sad. I don't understand it but I'm still trying to figure it out. Could it be because of my self-centeredness? Because I'm always thinking of myself. Maybe. Maybe I should stop focusing too much on myself. Maybe I should be more aware of other things. I should try counting my blessings learn to be contented. I know that there are many people who love me and I can feel it. I should try putting myself on other people's shoes and see how blessed I am. I should try shifting my mind to other things like writing and reading books. Well, writing is fun though. It actually helps. But sometimes writing is slightly difficult because every now and then you try to gather ideas and to collect words which fit to explain those ideas and then to check your punctuations and grammars. Well at least I'd prefer that than being depressed. I can handle it better. The thing about depression is that you over-think things and then it'll lead to negative thoughts. That's what I've done though.

     Now that I have found a solution and that is writing and found out that it actually works, I'll try to add a solution in the spiritual kind of way. That is, praying. I should really ask help and guidance from God. In that way, I can be enlightened not only by my mentality but also my spirituality as well. I believe that as I keep on doing these things, I can finally escape depression and enjoy life the way God wants be to enjoy it. I always believe in God. Even though I am sometimes stubborn and I turn my back against Him, He is always there to lift me up when I am down. Have you heard of the song sung and popularized bu Josh Groban? It's entitled "You Raise Me Up." That's a kind of song that I can relate to. Even though how bumpy my life gets, God is always there to be my refuge and strength.

- Angelo Lorenzo

No comments:

Post a Comment