Friday, September 23, 2011

Introducing Myself

     Hi. I am Angelo Lorenzo. My complete name is Jose Angelo Lorenzo S. Gomos. Sounds too long and complicated right? But you can just call me Angelo or Gelo. This is my first blog. Although I'm not much of a blogger, I love to write. Reading and writing are my passions and I want to pursue those fields. Literature is my language and books are my choice of things. But I still have a lot of things to learn. I could say that blogging is one way to start practicing my literary skills.

     To start of, let me introduce myself further. I was born on October 8, 1994 and to date, I'm sixteen years old turning seventeen this year. Would you consider that young or not? Hahaha! Well, I don't care about how old or how young I am as long as I am living my life to its fullest. Yes, that is one of my major goals. To live my life to its fullest. How? By aiming high, reaching my dreams, and do the best  I can to win this race. Talking about beliefs, I was raised as a Christian. Well, I was born as a Catholic but I converted to be an Evangelical Christian when I was twelve. Back then, I was pretty much zealous and passionate of my faith to the Lord Jesus Christ. But now? To be honest, I lost that zeal. I think it's because of being a teenager. Yup, being a teenager sucks. You have to undergo and discover a lot of things and it'll make you realize some things which will leave you in a state of confusion. I have gone through a lot and there are many obstacles which I will still go through. But I do hope that I'll stay strong. I was taught that as a Christian, our lives depend on what God wills for us. I do believe in that. And I do believe that God has something better than what we are expecting. The Bible states that God's major plans for us involves hope, salvation, and eternal life. Well, I guess I'll just hang on to Him no matter what the circumstances I'm in.

     Now let us talk about circumstances. In my previous paragraph, I wrote that I have gone through a lot. Are you curious of what those "a lot" are? Let me share it to you then. When I was a child, I could say that I was not that physically strong. I've been in and out of the hospital. I don't know why or I don't know how that happened, but all I know is that I was sickly. I get easily sick. There was one time when my doctor told both my mom and dad that I'm underweight. I guess I'm not really into eating at that time. But as I grew up, that seems to be fading away though.  When I was twelve, my mom and dad got separated. It turned out to be that my dad is going out with another woman and that he's fed up with my mom. It really affected me, my mother, and my elder sister. And that was the time that we found the Lord in our lives. That was the time that I felt the Lord working in our lives to strengthen our faith in Him and to help us find salvation and hope through His Son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It was a friend of my mom who introduced us to the local church and we started attending and participating in every activities they have. During that time, I converted from being a Catholic to an Evangelical Christian and from then on, I held on to the Lord's hand. When I reached high school, it was a roller coaster ride. I was bullied and I didn't really fit in at that time. But I don't really want to talk about it because it was a complete shame and embarrassment. All I can say is that bullying is completely wrong and should be stopped. Moving on, there was a point in my life where I became narcissistic. I started to be obsessed with vanity. Although it's still going on through now, but it's getting less and I believe that it's sort of a good thing.

      Now that I am still going on through my life's journey, I'm facing each sweetness and bitterness, every ups and downs, and every obstacle of it. I'm sorry that I didn't write much because I'm not really into writing autobiographies or memoir. Most especially my own story. I guess I'm still not comfortable enough to explain it in detailed form. I prefer writing fiction though. Fantasies like The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, The Inheritance Cycle, and many more. Like I said, I'm still learning my literary skills. So anyway, I guess this is the end of my first blog. I'll write you all soon. My advice to anyone out there is to be courageous enough to face every circumstances in your life, have faith in God, live happily, and most importantly, live your life to its fullest! God bless you all!

- Angelo Lorenzo

4 comments:

  1. Hi Angelo, I really like this! I will keep coming back to read your posts. I have a blog but sometimes I leave it too long between posts. I think it's better if you can treat it like exercise and do a little every day!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angelo, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! You are a really good writer, and blogging is one of the best ways to practice and figure out what it is that you enjoy writing about the most. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post...I'm certain it will be an excellent outlet for you and an inspiration for others.

    OpinionsToGo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up the positive attitude my friend. Good first post. Way to lay it all out there.

    ReplyDelete