Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Starting Anew

     I am finally starting over. I think it's the perfect moment and opportunity to open a new chapter in my life's book. I have just turned seventeen last October 8, and now I officially started to become mature and change for the better. I guess it's time to bid farewell to being childish and start to take things more serious. It's also time to make a major change in my perspective, mentality, spirituality, and attitude for the better. From now on, I'll try to make that change by starting to see my life as a precious thing that isn't meant to be wasted. I'll try to be more aware of others and not being so focused on myself. I'll put an end of being self-centered.  I'll try to value everything that I am blessed to have: my family, my friends, the people who continue to support, love, and care for me, and everyone who played great roles to make my life meaningful and colorful. I'll try to be more virtuous. I know that I have undergone a lot of experiences whether they are ups and downs or lifts and falls. I have made tough choices, good and bad. But the important thing is, I learned from each of them and I'll do my best to use the things that I have learned and be better next time. I personally believe in second chances. And this is my second chance. I won't waste it nor ignore it. I'm gonna grab this opportunity to make my life more meaningful and to try to contribute something good in the society through my own little way out of my abilities, skills, and things that I am greatly capable of doing. I'll try to be more sociable this time. I love making new friends. I think this is the right moment to really come out of my shell and be the new and better "Angelo" that people will come to know. I love my life and by loving it, I'm starting to change for the better.

     Who knows what God's plans are there for me? Now, I guess, is not yet the right time to know. None can predict God's great plans for us. But my faith tells me that God always has something good in store for us. There was one verse in the Bible (although I have forgotten what verse it was but I still remember what it says) that God's plans for us are always filled with hopes and goodness. I would gladly give an "amen" and a warm and joyous applause for that with standing ovation added. But for us to be able to experience and receive His plans for us, we must first know two great things. Faith and hard work. Faith, for us to believe in Him, put our hopes in Him, and to ask for His guidance when in time of great need. The proven fact is that God is always there for us no matter what. Hard work, for us to strive for excellence with God's guidance. Surely, God won't just give us success without doing anything. That's unfair. To reach for great things, we must earn it. Success is a reward to help us remember our perseverance and determination through hard work. I remember one saying that keeps on reminding me and it goes like this: "Believe man can and you're halfway there, and believe God can and the race is won." With our faith and hard work, we can surely be able to know God's great and perfect plans for us. And for me, I'll keep those things in mind and add it to my lifestyle. Faith and hard work.

     I'm entering college this November. I'm so excited! I'm taking Development Communications Major in Journalism as my course. And I'm attending to Xavier University Ateneo de Cagayan. My dream of becoming a successful published writer is always there. And I'm gonna work for it, to reach it! This is going to be amazing! I'll have to meet new friends, to roam around new surroundings, and to learn great new things! A new chapter in my life is finally opening and I will do well to make the most of it!

- Angelo Lorenzo

No comments:

Post a Comment